Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Going Retro(V2)

BillyGoat opened this issue on Oct 05, 2006 ยท 39 posts

TrekkieGrrrl posted Tue, 10 October 2006 at 5:17 AM

I have to agree with David here. Dial spins CAN be new characters, it's a question of how much you put into it.

My usual Snape is a dial spin. Granted, he's a consolidated morphs from several face shaping packs available for M3, but nevertheless he's essentially a dial spin. And I'd say he looks nothing like the base M3, at least not imo.

Some people just can do amazing things with the dials, and in those cases I have no problems buying a "new" character. But just flattening the nose and blowing up the lips and boobs does NOT make a new character. It just makes an ugly V3. Or V2, or whatever.

Truly intricate dial work takes AT LEAST as much time as it does to use an external program - I have tried recreating my Snape in Blacksmith so I could share him more easily, and I've gotten pretty close. And probably in less time than what it took to make the Dial-Snape.

I think that one of the things that keeps people using the dials is that it's easy, it's easy to share, just run the finished cr2 through Injection PoseBuilder and you're all set.

And while Blacksmith also outputs a nice injection pose for you, Hexagon and other programs does NOT. And a lot of people, myself included, haven't the foggiest idea of how to make them by hand.

So the pure practical aspect is here, too, I think :o)

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.