Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Do you have questions about software security and Curious Labs?

kupa opened this issue on Apr 24, 2001 ยท 54 posts

DraX posted Tue, 24 April 2001 at 7:46 PM

Seems the previous post had a repeated number, so I'll start at 16... 16.) Not everyone who uses Poser has internet access. Is this to say that you will now be required to have access to the internet in order to use Poser? 17.) I've had difficulties installing Pro Pack using my Metacreations serial number, an issue that was resolved after much confusion and turmoil (actually, I had to call a friend who had bought Poser 4 after Curious Labs took over, and get a Curious Labs serial number, which worked no problem.) Will this issue have been resolved with the upcoming patch, or am I going to be forced to purchase another copy of a product that I already own in order to use it in the future? 18.) How, if users without an internet connection will still be able to use Pro Pack, will your system still be 100% efficient? In the case of another product I am aware of which uses the Internet to verify registration, the user is still able to use a firewall to prevent that application from accessing the internet, thus bypassing the copy protection. Have you looked into this potential problem? 19.) Once thsi security issue has been addressed, can we expect to see more updates to Poser to improve it's features? Or is this update solely to ensure your protection, and no gain for the end user, other then a bit of extra hassle. I mean, i for one am not willing to go through the extra trouble when I'm already an owner of the software to downlaod an update of which the sole purpose is to protect the manufacturer. I mean, hey, if I already own the software, and know that I got it through legitimate means, then why should I bother? Doesn't seem to do much good to me. I'm not trying to sound like a pecimist. I am 100% behind you guys, I'm just trying to offer questions that some people may have been wondering but didn't want to ask because they were afraid that their motives would be questioned. I think that enough people in this community know me and know that I am all about this community to realise I woldn't wish anything bad upon Curious Labs, DAZ, or anyone else who provides us with the tools we need to express our artistic notions. As such, I'm not afraid to ask these questions, as I believe they might be means by which the Software Pirates may continue to steal from you and this community if they are not addressed.