Forum: Contest Announcements

Subject: Welcome to the Legends of Mernac Contest - Where You could Win $500 CASH!

LillianH opened this issue on Sep 01, 2006 · 26 posts

JIMBOB83 posted Tue, 10 October 2006 at 3:20 PM

Quote - I used to think that Renderosity was a somewhat professional organization.  This contest, however, gives me pause to wonder.

The contest ended yesterday and still no results are posted at either site.  That Rick character at Mernac posted yesterday around 10am that votes were being counted... but nothing since then.

Problems arise... that is understandable(although not acceptable in several U.S. States when a cash prize is offered)... but one would think that even a short notice that results are delayed (with a new estimate) would be forthcoming. 

What makes matters worse is that both Rick (at Mernac) as well as LillianH (both a judge AND an admin here) have been online this morning, yet neither one seems to think even a brief update is in order.

I must say that this reflects very poorly upon Renderosity.  It IS what I would expect from Mernac, but not from here. 

I do not represent either Mernac or Renderosity in any way other than being a contestant as well but from what I understand is

I would like to say that due to some technical difficulties it has been delayed.  Rick has made a posting on the Mernac site in respect that due to manipulation of the Ratings. the judging would be moved here to rosity. I think since that has happened they are going to change the way the images are judged. I think a little more paitents would go a long way in allowing both Rick and LillianH to determine the winners good luck to you and your image all my best.