Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Do you have questions about software security and Curious Labs?

kupa opened this issue on Apr 24, 2001 ยท 54 posts

DraX posted Tue, 24 April 2001 at 9:23 PM

::sighs:: bad enough that when I edit geometry in Poser 4 using the grouping tool, that same figure has holes in it when opened in ProPack. No offense, but you guys haven't given me any incentive whatsoever to upgrade. As far as the setup room for creating custom figures goes... enough knowledge of the structure of the cr2 file and actually reading the old Poser Manual will handle that process for you. Flash? I've got a flash plugin for 3d Studio that will convert my animations to Flash for me... Export to 3dStudio? Hell... if i'm going to animate my figures in 3DStudio MAX I may as well go all the way with them.... and actually Bone them and create my IK chains in MAX as opposed to in Poser, which would of course provide a much wider range of control over the mesh. Problem is that I like the Poser a lot, and love what I'm able to do with it, but the things you've added in the Pro Pack, while they are some exceptional features, can all be done with other software by anyone determined enough to do it. As I see it, all you've offered me is a bigger hassle and the unfortunate circumstance of no longer being able to use ANY of my old Character CR2s I really want to see you guys prosper and make money, and continue doing good for the community, but if you're going to make things such that everything done in an older version of your software becomes comepletely obselete, as well as add security features that jsut make things difficult for the end user, then why on earth would I ever want to upgrade? Does this make any marketing sense to you? It doesn't to me. The methods you've chosen have not only once again provided another challenge for the Software Pirates (they love a good challenge... it only means they'll distribute even MORE copies of the program because they're so proud of themselves for finally cracking your protection), but have increased the hassle for the end user. For the very people and community that puts food on your plate. Hell, who releases a software product that makes all the work people did it in the previous version UNUSABLE??? And since this arguement has already taken place, I'm sure a lot of people have already seen how little sense it makes to anyone but, well.... you...