Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Do you have questions about software security and Curious Labs?

kupa opened this issue on Apr 24, 2001 ยท 54 posts

clsteve posted Wed, 25 April 2001 at 12:00 AM

Great questions, thanks. 15)It may, but I'm not sure. I'd rather verify then post this one. In any event we'll try to handle more than the default 3 installs if there's a legitimate need. We're not trying to limit you, it's warez downloads we're trying to beat. 16)Registration is available by phone or fax, and even snail mail. There's a grace period in which the unregistered app will still be fully functional. 17)I think we've addressed all the serial# issues. Now, if the serial# is available for download on warez site and we find it, the serial# won't work due to the fact that we'll exclude it. 18)We only use internet access once to register and it's not required. After that there's no still need for a connection. 19)The purpose is to fix the bugs. We're calling it Service Release 1 even though it's more than just fixes(see22). We'll continue to update Poser and Pro Pack and I hope that our turn around time continues to get better and better. 20) I hope my previous comment/post on this was adequate. Let me know if not. 21) Again we'll handle those cases in a timely manner. I hate to be vague on how the protection works but please understand, I must be. We're not trying to keep you from using the product or inconvenience you. It really won't be that difficult to continue use. 22)OK I'm going to let the cat out of the bag here. You guys support us and I guess I should let you know first. It will support 2.x, 3.x, and 4. We were going to wait for the release date to announce it but..... Kupa may whip me for this one. :) 23)There will most likely be that check box that asks if you want to receive info on future versions and related products. Check it as you wish. 24)Please clarify, I'm not sure what you mean or what you'll copy 25)It won't, so it's not an issue. 26)Well, without seeing or using it I don't know how you can call it invasive but no we have not. Again we're not trying to inconvenience legit buyers but trying to stop warez downloads. It's become a necessity for us and I believe that the real threat here is fear due to lack of info. It's really transparent once registered and non invasive. 27) We will. We'll have an FAQ up on the site in the next few days. We'd planned on having it up there by the time we released to avoid most of this but it was "leaked" to the German press before we had time. Thanks again for the great questions. **************************** Steve Yatson Product Manager Curious Labs Http://www.curiouslabs.com ****************************