Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: poser 7 bah bug free?

jugoth opened this issue on Oct 13, 2006 · 53 posts

lkendall posted Fri, 13 October 2006 at 10:29 AM

10/13/06

E-Frontier needs badly to rewrite their code to handle modern memory, multicore processors, and hard disk resources. It seems from the minimum system requirements that Poser 7 will at least use modern video cards. I bought a top of the line multimedia computer for Poser 6 only to find it could not render one byte more than my 5 year old computer (and it was only modestly faster). Every other graphics program I use benifited hugely, but it made no significant difference in Poser.

There are already a lot of advanced features in Poser six but you can't use all of its power all at once (most of its power all at once...some of its power all at once...even a little of its power all at once) without running out of memory. E-Frontier's answer to this has not yet been to fix their program. Their advice has been, don't use the programs features, istead make your renders small, with very little resolution, no Raytrace without reflections, small buckets long renders, etc.).

Microsoft has thousands of software writters wortking full time, and computer makers have tens of thousands of engineers working full time to advance the hardware side of things. E-Frontier probably doesn't have even 12 programers to keep up. Everyday they fall farther and farther behind the curve of developing computer power. Sooner or later, someone will take advantage of the gap with a product that tops Poser, and can use its legacy content.

Probably edited for spelling, grammer, punctuation, or typos.