Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: IMHO E-Frontier Poser 7 upgrade policy is disrespectful to Poser 6 customers

diana opened this issue on Oct 13, 2006 · 107 posts

pakled posted Sat, 14 October 2006 at 12:55 PM

Well, I got Poser 3 and 5 for next to nothing (5 was free, but 3 cost me the price of a magazine. Pity I never saw one with 4 on it..the money I coulda saved...:| )

While it's the business of art, it's still a business. Beleive me, pricing strategy was looked at, and Poser set a policy to maximize their profits.You can't always please everyone, just as many as is feasible. While it's not 'fair ' (this is real life, folks, who said anything about fair?..;), I can sympathize; Bryce 5 was free about the same time. Stings, but now, like Stacy Jones, I got 2..;)

Jevans69 has had a good point in one of these threads about writing software. For those of us that go back to the introduction of Poser 5 (what a screaming match that was prior to release; the forum ran red with blood and gore for people wanting it right now, not a second later, and then when it came out, the same people were screaming because it was buggy..;) Release in haste, repent at lesiure..;) I'd rather wait longer to have something that works, than get it right now and have to wait for SP releases..having used new OS's from Dos 2.1 to XP Pro, you're going to see obsolescence..trust me..

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)