Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Do you have questions about software security and Curious Labs?

kupa opened this issue on Apr 24, 2001 ยท 54 posts

robert.sharkey posted Wed, 25 April 2001 at 7:34 AM

I've read all messages of this thread and the others. If i had to analyze what's going on: Curious Lab will make this protection, it's stated more then one time. They find for each point a answer which states again why they want to do such a protection. NOW, WHY SHOULD WE DISCUSSE ABOUT THAT, BECAUSE IT?S EVERYTHING CLEAR: THEY WILL DO IT ANYWAY! If you find thousand points why not, they will find thousand answers for doing it. They should do it, and the future will tell if it was good for them or not. But if this happens, they have loosed one customer and that's me. At no time i will give access to my system to a company, they can promise whatever they want. And i have a good solution why, if a salesman leaves a company wouldn't he not take the adress-database with him ? And hey, the company would never realize that he had taken the database, because he had have the time on his side to do it. Goodbye PPP and Poser5, i'm happy with Poser4. What is also clear, there will be some hackers which where abble to hack this protection. Just about the fact they're really good programmers, maybee better the most of the software-programmers itself. I don't look up on this hacking-persons, i think it's not correct what they do. But they do it, whatever protection you will find. And as everybody nows, i'm a registered customer at curious lab with poser4. Can be proved with the adress below. Robert Egli Niederhasli Switzerland SHARKEY