Forum: 3D Modeling

Subject: What are you working on thread

Dann-O opened this issue on Oct 10, 2006 · 823 posts

Conniekat8 posted Sun, 15 October 2006 at 11:22 PM

And this I whipped up this monday afternoon while i was goofing off at the office and not motivated to do real work...

It's a beginning of a fisherman's wharf, umm, I guess a kit...  These things start as a little idea in my head and then take on a life of it's own. I can't really say I know what it will become.

This is just a massing model screenshot from max. I wanna add some more detail to it on my next modelling go-around. I'm not sure how i wanna go about creating ropes that tie together the piers. I'm having brain farts and can't find rail sweeps, revolves and similar surface creation tools in Max. 
I tried extruding faces then smoothing the mesh, but didn't really like the result. I'd rather draw a few splines where I want the ropes, then swep a circle along the path. 

LOL, may be time to stop trying to wing it and crack open a book.. But, that would be like stopping and asking for directions!!!  No, wait, I'm a girl, it's okay to stop and ask for directions.... Heeeelp... Gahhh-sooon, heeeeelp, how do I put this tire on my ...   :D  ;)  Sowwy, being silly here...

Hi, my namez: "NO, Bad Kitteh, NO!"  Whaz yurs?
BadKittehCo Store  BadKittehCo Freebies and product support