Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser 7 is Pre-Announced!

Meshbox opened this issue on Oct 12, 2006 ยท 83 posts

TrekkieGrrrl posted Mon, 16 October 2006 at 9:09 AM

It might depend on the hair. I recently bought a nifty little tool here in the MP called Dynamic Hair Repair. I had bought a specific hair, and it just wouldn't load. I tried STOMP to fix the obj, but to no avail, the hair wouldn't load. Or rather it would but it took more than one hour to do so (seriously)

After I'd run it through HairRepair, it loads faster than transmapped hair and renders equally fast. I don't know exactely WHAT HairRepair does, but it works. And it takes seconds to fix a hairdo.

And in this case, it's not a problem with POSER but with the specific hair.

I've also noticed that the texture size is much more likely to be the culprit when rendering more than one figure. Lower the texture size and you can render more characters.

My computer, while fairly new, isn't a super computer, for one thing it has "only" 1 gig of ram, and while it has a 64 bit processor, the windows version I'm running doesn't take that into account anyway - yet I still rendered this picture in approximately the same time as it took me to type this post. And I do type with all 10 fingers ;)

Two V3's (Reduced Resolution, but that doesn't matter when they're this far from the camera, and besides, Poser 6's smooth Polygons makes it virtually impossible to tell the difference anyway, two textures, both medium resolution, two sets of clothes and two dynamic hairdos.

And my computer neither smoked nor crashed...

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.