Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Copy protection - what would YOU do?

DCArt opened this issue on Apr 25, 2001 ยท 27 posts

Marque posted Wed, 25 April 2001 at 12:36 PM

Hummmm, they didn't develop the product on their own, it was already an established product. They just "improved" it. I'm not saying that they shouldn't copy protect it. I'm just saying that there are other ways to do it that would make it secure. I wouldn't have a problem even with this copy protection if CL can assure it's customer base that if in fact they do go out of business, they will put in place some kind of patch that they would then send out or make available to their customers that would negate the need for the online registration. THAT is the main problem that I see with this, and most of the notes people have written reflect that concern. If it were my company, I would put that into effect to assure my customers that I care about them enough to write the code that will make them comfortable. I don't think CL will go out of business any time soon, but there are a lot of companies out there "on the blocks" so to speak, and I'm sure they didn't plan it that way. Curious Labs, please give us some assurance that you will provide us with a fix on the chance that you will have problems down the line but will still take care of us. All I've seen so far is an uncaring attitude. It is in place and that is the end of it. Kind of like saying don't like it? Bugger off. Don't buy it. Marque