Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: OT: Microsoft IE7 ... 5 thumbs down

Dave-So opened this issue on Oct 21, 2006 · 39 posts

Dave-So posted Sun, 22 October 2006 at 8:20 AM

I guess I don't understand the tab concept. Why do I want to drag a link to a tab or create a new tab?
If I want to go back to a page, I just allow the box to be open...if I want to go back to it, I go to the window taskbar and click it...viola, there it is. I don't have to drag or create anything.
The sites I visit all the time are set up as quick links on the IE menu bar...bango bango..I click and up it comes.
In iE7, maybe its different with FF and Opera, the saved tabs all try to open at one time...if any of the sites are down or slow, it brought the entire app to a basically locked state...probably a bug in IE7, but then I couldn't choose any tab without that new window also locking. I couldn't find a way to save my super favorite sites to a menu bar or whatever. Had to save them as home tabs...

The only real significant advantage in my mind would be less vulnerability to spyware, etc,
I'm sure there are others that you guys obviously enjoy, but I've tried FF and Opera and deleted them both from my hard drive after using them for a couple of weeks each.

Quote - > Quote - here's a scree of my desktop...its like a tab...pick the one i want...viola, there i am. You can only look at one screen at a time anyway.

What I like about Firefox is I can drag a link from the page I'm on to another
tab, or create a new tab and drag the link to that.  Does multiple instances
of IE6 on the taskbar allow you to do that? 

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it.
Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together.
All things connect......Chief Seattle, 1854