Forum: Community Center

Subject: Rules unclear and unfair

Primal opened this issue on Oct 23, 2006 · 732 posts

CaptainJack1 posted Tue, 24 October 2006 at 1:44 PM

Quote - If you go through the gallereis and search for Aiko images , you will see a lot of nudity.
So why one image is banned the other one no?
TOS is okay, but the TOS are for everybody and not for just a few people.
Its unfair to remove one image from the galleries and leave the another one.
If the admins say Aikos nudity breack the Rosity rules okay,i accept. But i cant accept why one artist have to remove his image and the another one not.

The rules don't say you can't have nudity in an image. They don't say you can't have Aiko in an image. To quote, if I may:

"No Child Nudity: Images of children or characters resembling children (including teens, pre adolescent, child like fairies and other imaginary figures) under 18 years of age, depicting nudity are no longer permitted. "

There is simply no way to decide if an image appears to contain a human under the age of 18 which is also nude or sexually suggestive, except by examining it, and making a subjective evaluation. Somebody's got to do that; my understanding is that they do it as a team. But it's still somebody's call on each and every image. There is no hard and fast rule that can automatically be applied to any character. It's possible that they miss some; in fact, I'm sure they do. They get many, many images and they're only human, and there's only so many hours in the day. Some days, their perspective may be different than others.

Sometimes the other kid gets a bigger scoop of ice cream, and we cry and move on.

But, that's still not the point. This is not a democracy, it's a privately owned business where we, the public wander in and out at odd hours. If they only applied their rules to every other left handed Gemeni who was bi-lingual and had more than two moles, they could do that if they wanted to. I don't think they do that (You don't do that, do you Stacey? 😄) but they're allowed. Honest, they really are.