Forum: Community Center

Subject: The poor mans take... (What happened to the OT forum?)

MatCreator opened this issue on Oct 24, 2006 · 22 posts

MatCreator posted Tue, 24 October 2006 at 2:23 PM

Thanks all, I truly appreciate the support :)

I didnt want to come off as griping (yea right :P) but rather than just state the problem, Id like to point out the solution...

In my opinion, it is just as easy to email the sharer personally and privately if you feel there is something wrong w/ the site and/or download... I think it is "rather tacky" to post such remarks publicly and associate them w/ the item in question... I consider it heckling, rude, and distasteful... I am not one who is only seeking praise in his work, constructive criticism is always welcome, but "Can't download any of your items ! Change the host !!!" and the like is neither constructive nor criticism... And man, the emails!!! Im so amazed that people take time to write stuff like that!

Ill also admit I am wrong in thinking that everyone should know what and how a Geocities website works, and for that, again I apologize. Still, I dont think it necessary to announce that something is wrong w/ the site... That can be said in private, out of courtesy... Just think......

"Hey wife, you have a piece of broccolli stuck between your teeth!"

"Hey Chuck, whats that hanging under your nose!"

"Fran, your slip is showing!!!"

Not denying that the people dont need to be made aware of the situation, put youre not going to shout these things out in a crowd or around people... And what people are telling me in private is seriously of a differnt nature... These, are the idiots of society for sure.....

Dont want to make a big issue of this... Want to keep it short and simple... Just please email me privately if you think something is wrong. Im a nice guy, no need for drama.

There are 3 kinds of people in the world. Those that can count, and those that can't..