Forum: Community Center

Subject: The poor mans take... (What happened to the OT forum?)

MatCreator opened this issue on Oct 24, 2006 ยท 22 posts

MatCreator posted Wed, 25 October 2006 at 4:20 AM

Honestly, people only go to my site for free things... I dont want to pay for hosting to make things easier for people just to come and download... That may sound cruel, callous, and make me look like a cheap @$$ sob miser mean grumpy old man, but free for you also means free for me (actually, if you think of the time, effort and energy I put into my products, I am already "losing")...

I am a real nice guy, but I am also a starving artist :P

Also, my "actual" items are hosted for free, no worries of bandwidth limits and such... My site goes down when a rush of 500 or so people are trying to access the same page at once... Seriously, its only like the first few days when its bad, but in these past few days, Ive recieved many nasty emails and negative posts associated w/ my stuff...

The message reads for visitors to come back... Thats really not asking too much. Id think people would want to to make sure they get the item. Not to mention that each and every time someone has asked me to mail them the file I have... When I started telling people I was running a HotLine server, it shifts to, "are you going to access my files", "am I going to get a virus", "is this really free"... Seems like no matter how you try to offer stuff, youll always find that handful that make you sick of being nice :)

But hey, Im "open" to ideas and new things... So who is that host you speak of?!?

There are 3 kinds of people in the world. Those that can count, and those that can't..