Forum: Community Center

Subject: Rules unclear and unfair

Primal opened this issue on Oct 23, 2006 · 732 posts

Kendra posted Wed, 25 October 2006 at 11:53 AM

Quote - I get what you're saying. You are confused about the nature of the rules and why they exist, you are angry about the current enforcement of the rules, and you are saddened by how you perceive some artists have been treated. I get that. But you haven't answered my question. What do you want to do about it? What do you think should be done? Do you think anything should be done at all? Do you just want to wring your hands and say it's a shame? I respect your right to do that, but I keep hoping that you'll offer some thoughts on specific actions that can be taken to help reduce the distress that started this thread in the first place.

I have a feeling this has a lot more to do with the rules than whether the image crossed the line or just sat on it.  For the most part, this site is fair.  But there have been instances where it wasn't.   A big instance that comes to mind is when the freestuff went to an approval system.  All well and good until they decided to cull items that they weren't comfortable with and started handing out warning and "marks on records" for items they had previously approved.  That was wrong no matter how it's spun. 

But it's something you deal with when dealing with a committee.   Perspective will not be the same.  Opinions wont be the same and I agree that they couldn't possibly base a decision on the mesh and should instead base it on final render.   That needs to be accepted and go from there.

...... Kendra