Forum: Community Center

Subject: Rules unclear and unfair

Primal opened this issue on Oct 23, 2006 · 732 posts

Unicornst posted Wed, 25 October 2006 at 4:19 PM

You know, there really has to be a solution to this. It has come up in forum postings so many times, it's really almost silly.

One one hand we have people saying it's not the mesh, it's the final render using that mesh.

One the other hand, we  have people saying AIko is not a child, teen or adult, but Anime and therefore should not fall under the child nudity guidelines.

One thing I think everyone can agree on is that the Aiko mesh is the common problem in this situation. I've made a character for Aiko. I did my best to give her some maturity and have her appear over the age of 18. I won't swear I succeeded. Simply because the person who has that character can always spin dials to make her look younger. And that's not hard to do because the Aiko mesh is borderline as far as age goes straight out of the box without any morphs applied.

So knowing this... that the Aiko mesh is borderline, why not go ahead and have her declared to fall under the child nudity guidelines? To those who declare that she is Anime and should not fall into this catagory, that really doesn't have any meaning in this situation. Anime or realistic, she is still borderline.

Back when the child nudity guidelines were re-constructed, there was a lot of uproar and protesting. If the Aiko mesh should be declared to not be allowed to be portrayed nude or with very little clothing, you're going to have more uproar and protests. Keep in mind a few things, though.

The uproar over the new child nudity guidelines faded out once people relealized that this was the rule and it would be enforced. Protest and uproar over a  new ruling in the Aiko mesh will fade out as well once people understand that this is the new rule and will be enforced.

Another thing to consider, it will stop this type of thread eventually.  People cannot say they didn't know. It would be in the rules plain and clear.

Another type of thread it would stop is the one where someone says...."So and So's image wasn't removed. Why was mine?" If So and So has a nude image of Aiko, that one is removed as  well. No if, ands, or buts about it. And  yes, if you already have these types of images in your gallery already, then they will have to be removed. As well as any of the Aiko mesh in the MP that has nudity in it. Not fair, you say? They were already approved? So were many, many nude fae images that were declared to no longer be acceptable to the new guidelines.  But they had to be removed because of a new ruling.

Best of all.... clear, precise guidelines without confusion. Without having to send your image to a  mod or admin to get approval. You know what is allowed  and what is not. If you decide to post an image that skirts the rulings, then the risk is on you and, as much as you might feel you have the right to protest, you knew the rules when you did it and therefore you must have been  ready to face the consequences of it.

Perhaps not the best solution, but it is one that has been offered.