Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: About the poser protection

3-DArena opened this issue on Apr 25, 2001 ยท 39 posts

Anthony Appleyard posted Thu, 26 April 2001 at 9:41 AM

product that then screws me around when I change my computer configuration What happens if I put Poser 5 or whatever on a laptop when its external zip drive is attached to it, and then try to run that Poser without the external zip drive attached? Those are two different configurations and the assignment pattern of its drive letters ends up different according to whether or not the zip drive was attached at boot-up. As I said before, the more complications, the more there is to go wrong. People who would otherwise be law-abiding may well get a warez copy merely to avoid this sort of hassle. Message 104 of "Article in German c't magazine on forthcoming copy protection & CuriousLabs" describes a bout of trouble that Snazzy had with a protection package called Vbox that Symantec put in a program that he bought. Vbox took over his computer and made his Windows unstable so it kept crashing, until he went through his hard disks and his registry with a toothcomb and removed every mention of Vbox.