Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: I never thought there was actually a bias towards Poser until...

johnnysac5 opened this issue on Oct 26, 2006 ยท 78 posts

Miss Nancy posted Fri, 27 October 2006 at 2:43 PM

it's a bias against poser, not towards it - just a minor syntax note 😄 we may see something to change that bias in poser 7, but as it stands now, poser is not comparable to the various professional 3D modellers/renderers IMVHO. all one needs to do to confirm that is to visit the gallery here, or note the many threads in which poser users are advised to take shortcuts to speed up renders. invariably these shortcuts, when combined with poser's intrinsic bad joints, lead to the sort of renders which 3D professionals laugh at. it's the "poser look" that I am sincerely hoping we'll escape in v.7. right now, a person with years of experience in poser and other renderers can do a render in poser that any 3D professional will admire, but the typical default render by an inexperienced user is what 3D professionals will laugh at. animation in poser is the same story. I think poser is the easiest 3D app in which to produce human animations, but users take so many shortcuts to speed things up, that the resulting animations are not up to the standards required by 3D professionals IMVHO. if it takes 6 months in poser to do a 5-minute clip, or it takes 18 months in poser to do a 12-minute clip, that is not a professionally acceptable timetable IMVHO, regardless of the various mitigating factors provided by the animators.