Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: I never thought there was actually a bias towards Poser until...

johnnysac5 opened this issue on Oct 26, 2006 · 78 posts

pakled posted Fri, 27 October 2006 at 6:58 PM

well, this sort of thing happens all the time. When I first started out working with PC's ('85), it was a lot looser then.  You taught yourself, and learned packages gradually.

As enough of a knowledge base develops, they figure that you should know 'the basics'. You probably were supposed to learn Maya at your last job (yeah, right..;), or at school.

As things get more complicated, they also get more stratified. Things get to the point I call 'rotojobs', because the only person with all the qualifications was the guy who just left it..;) You know, the " need 5 years Autocad, Maya, Lightwave, Rhino experience each, know Perl, CSS and XML, Quark Express, Ventura Publisher (psyche! I actually used to use that..;), know all Photoshop programs,have 10 years experience in the binary language of Batchi...;) you know the drill..;)

If you check out the 'Brit' mags, they basically are saying the same thing; if you read them waiting for your copy of Cinema 4 or Poser 3 (yada yada) to load, they'll tell you what the industry as a whole is looking for.

Bottom line; it just seems that folks starting out can't get a break. It gets to the point you have to shell out a wad o' dough just to get to the starting line. I hope things work out for you..I just wish I had the imagination to do the stuff y'all can do sometimes..;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)