Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: I never thought there was actually a bias towards Poser until...

johnnysac5 opened this issue on Oct 26, 2006 · 78 posts

Quest posted Sat, 28 October 2006 at 12:10 AM

OK, after rading most of these posts in this thread I find it difficult that most people don’t understand the requirements of the upper CG world.

First, there’s no way you can compare Poser to any of the higher end 3D programs. Yes, it has its peculiarities just as most 3D programs but it simply doesn’t compare with high end products. In Poser you are very limited and everything is confined to the morph dials in order to create your differences. In most high-end programs, you should be able to control all aspects of your character.

Mind you, millions of dollars have been spent to achieve the utmost results and Poser just doesn’t cut it when it comes to realism from the cinematic perspective. I think most people in a sane mind can come to that conclusion. This is not to say you cannot develop such a system. Yes, images from far away are fine…more intense figures…I think Poser hardly fulfills that area of cinema graphics, not at its present stage and when it manages to do so, most of us won’t be able to afford it.

So, let’s be real from a board of Directors stand point that make such aspirations possible (multimillion dollars worth); I was a Director of graphics for a certain corporation and I must tell you, they need to be competitive and in line with the most up to date software otherwise, why invest?