Forum: Photography

Subject: Pets Portrait?

Dianthus opened this issue on Oct 31, 2006 · 41 posts

TomDart posted Tue, 31 October 2006 at 7:05 PM

This is Sadie, whose spirit dwells peacefully and happily somewhere and somehow I do not comprehend.  This shot was taken as I remember not long after she had radioiodine treatment for thyroid problems.  The kitty did not want to eat during the 2 week quarantine and did lose weight...not a bad thing for her.  She lived a very happy and more active life than before the treatment for about another 1 1/2 years then her spirit left quietly and peacefully at home.

This is the genius cat in the family, able to consruct gemetric forms from the "balls of of an old chenille bedspread".  She formed perfect triangles, rectangles, etc., each to perfect measure. If not happy with the placement of the ball, she walked around then replace it.  Then the measure was to the mark on my measuring tape.  She was a loner, keeping to herself.  When other cats came in, she did not exhibit any special ability.  Only when alone or with only us did she do these things. She was very,very neat.          This is an old pic of her,  outdated Minolta Dimage F100 used for the shot.          TomD'Art.

P.S. four other cats are in the family now. Two remember sadie.