Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: I never thought there was actually a bias towards Poser until...

johnnysac5 opened this issue on Oct 26, 2006 · 78 posts

aeilkema posted Thu, 02 November 2006 at 1:48 PM

Of course they laughed at you. Poser isn't 3D modeling at all.... it's not even close to 3d modeling. Poser isn't called Poser for no reason..... You can pose pre-made content in it, but you can model in it at all.

I don't even see the point why people even compare Poser to 3D modeling applications. There is no comparisment at all. Even the whole high-end low-end users comparisment makes no sense. Poser users are not 3D modelers at all. If someone shows me his work and says he modeled it with Poser, I laugh. As if Poser could be considered modeling.

If you look at it this way, you will not get annoyed. Poser isn't modeling and modeling isn't posing.

I love using Poser and it has it's excellent uses. I love modeling for my 3D games, don't use Poser for that at all. But I never compare my modeling to my work in Poser.

Someone using Poser is just a 3D application user, anyone (even my 7 year old daughter) can use Poser, no skills required. Modeling is something else.... skill are required and to create a good character or item, lot's of skill. Someone knowing how to do that may laugh about Poser, since to him/her Poser is just a toy.

So grow up and realize compared to Maya and so on, you're just using a mere toy.

Also stop  making the prize comparisment, it makes no sense..... Maya costs $2000, Poser only $249, but that's not the end of it. If you really want to make good use of Poser you're going to need $2000 or more, you might as well have bought Maya. But then again, buying Maya wouldn't be of use to a lot of the people around here, they can't do anything with it at all. It requires skills and insight, which most Poser users lack.

Poser is a toy..... dress up some dolls and render them. Very cool, very time saving, but not the real thing.

Artwork and 3DToons items, create the perfect place for you toon and other figures!

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?vendor=23722

Due to the childish TOS changes, I'm not allowed to link to my other products outside of Rendo anymore :(

Food for thought.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYZw0dfLmLk