Forum: Photography

Subject: I want to talk about ink cartridges,

DJB opened this issue on Nov 04, 2006 · 7 posts

cryptojoe posted Sat, 04 November 2006 at 5:38 AM

I'm in concurrence with gersempa, however your solution would depend on if you want to do text, or color prints.

I have a friend with a very expensive photography style ink-jet printer. He uses a very modestly priced HP for his text printing and his hi-end-baby for photo prints only. The high end printers ink usually lasts much longer than the low end HP's, so cartridge dry-out is hardly an issue like it is with the hundred dollar variety.

Even with that in mind, my own experience tells me that the recycled last half as long as the new manufactured cartridge. The no name cartridges last slightly less time than the OEM with the big name.

Either way, I'd find a less expensive printer for my checks, and letters to save some on the overall printing costs. Office Depot offers two packages of paper for each set of cartridges you turn in. Even though the paper is recycled, the price is right to write letters, give to the kids to color on, or flame your Congress Critter (or equivelent of Lawyers on Welfare in your country) with.

Yank My Doodle, It's a Dandy!