Forum: Photography

Subject: I want to talk about ink cartridges,

DJB opened this issue on Nov 04, 2006 · 7 posts

DJB posted Sat, 04 November 2006 at 8:20 PM

I made up my mind to stay with the Canon ink.
Today I saw some prints from a friend who has a re-fill kit and am not impressed.
Not to mention the warranty is void.
 Yes Steve...the good people at Staples  had no problem with me returning my printers.
But those were the everyday type all in one print fax scan ones.
I think they make their money off the 29 dollar warranty and could care a less, because they can sell them again as demos or remanufactures.
I still have a good HP copy/fax/scan/print, that actually does photos quite well.I use that for everyday things.
The Canon  does much better on prints, so I want to keep it awhile.
It also allows me to print just from a memory card and view it on the flip up LCD.
Maybe next year I will get  the new generation large format one coming out, because they have made them quite "worth it" now.
You can actually print cheaper in some cases than sending out and get  great results.
Sometimes better than the local drugstore prints.
HP Canon Epson all have them around the $800 mark and some with dedicated greys for fantastic B&W.

Actually I only need the photo magenta cartridge, but  might as well have the others around.

Thanks for all the input  here.

"The happiness of a man in this life does not consist in the absence but in the mastery of his passions."