Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser 7 hype.... and reality

Leonardis opened this issue on Nov 04, 2006 · 56 posts

manoloz posted Sun, 05 November 2006 at 8:54 AM

V3 without gazillion of morph packs, texture packs, etc packs (which are mostly not free) is pretty much lame.

So I think in that point we have to compare figures out of the box.

As to using firefly vs P4 render engine, it's just like any high end proggie using scanline vs GI+final gather+bells&whistles. Either you are an überguru and use the quickie limited render and get outstanding results and jaw dropping renders in the slower renderer, or you are a mortal and get quite good results with the nicer but slower renderer and extremely ugly results in the fast renderer.

I once read that there is a quality-price-time relationship on whatever software you use. So there is a compromise always between this factors. Sure, Poser could have a non linear animation system and ecosystem instancing and renderman and mental ray and vray and kray and fprime and maxwell, and realtime particles and a SDS and nurbs modeler and UV unwrapping and pixels painting and OpenGL shaders and so on, but I doubt it would cost what it does now.

As to the interface, there are always keyboard shortcuts, and for really tweaking everything, python scripting. Even high end programs do this, be it Mel, maxscript, lscript, python, or what not.

Of course Poser can be improved. The reasons already mentioned by e frontier are quite cool, maybe not groundbreaking or reason enough to dump wives and girlfriends and dedicate lives to just using Poser, but they do show lots of improvement and development over previous versions. And I suspect they are leaving the best for last.

As it is, there will always be the doomsday and death knell users, chanting Poser's imminent demise. As well as the fanatical followers which cannot see fault in Poser, no matter what. So this thread is somewhat nonsensical, is it not? No reason to complain of Poser7's shortcomings, until all it's enhancements and features have been announced, right?

still hooked to real life and enjoying the siesta!
Visit my blog! :D
Visit my portfolio! :D