Forum: Fractals

Subject: I can't seem to get an Apo image into UF for rendering - can anyone help please?

AnnaKirsten opened this issue on Nov 05, 2006 · 10 posts

AnnaKirsten posted Mon, 06 November 2006 at 6:49 AM

Quote - Are you sure it is not working?  I thought mine didn't work either because it does not show time passing at the bottom of the UF screen.  It does show the proper formula in the formula tab.  I got busy one time and left the computer alone for about 20 minutes and when I returned my APO was in UF.  Since then I have allowed ample time for the flame to get into UF and have not any problems.  I hope this makes sense as it is late and I do not have either program open.

As soon as I try to copy the upr into UF I get a notice coming up with a whole list of things it says it cannot copy, and this then results in just a very small image in the centre, which doesn't have any resemblance to the fractal flame in Apo.  It's really strange, because I know I have managed this in the past, but I think that's before all the later versions of both Apo and UF came out.  Anyway, presumably the list of protest means that even if I did wait long enough, I'd not get an image?

As for rendering straight from Apo, yes I do use the Flam3 rendering machine, and I guess if the worst comes to the worst I can interpolate it into a larger size, but I was hoping to avoid that step as it never quite gives the sharp finish I'm looking for.

AnnaKirsten

My Website

Is the light at the end of the tunnel my way out, or is it an oncoming train just about to make me extinct?