Forum: Community Center

Subject: Username Change Feature???

Chippsyann opened this issue on Nov 06, 2006 · 243 posts

Acadia posted Mon, 06 November 2006 at 10:01 PM

Quote - Are you really planning to charge members 24.95 to change there usernames?

Don’t get me wrong, I think this is a fantastic feature but, why would you have members pay for a name change when all they have to do is create another username for free?

Most people have at least two or more email addresses, so putting together another member profile is easy, “and free.”

The problem that some people find with that is that they don't have access to their purchase history.  Sure you can create a new user name, but your purchase history isn't transferred to the new user name. So if you want access to it you currently have to login to an old user name. Some may not have a problem doing that, but most every post that I've seen where someone has expressed a desire to change their user name, once they find out that they can't transfer their purchase history, don't bother creating a new name.

Now if RO changes the name for you, then your purchase history goes with you. That seems to be what most people  have been wanting.

Personally I like my user name so I won't be utilizing the service.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi