Forum: Community Center

Subject: Username Change Feature???

Chippsyann opened this issue on Nov 06, 2006 · 243 posts

darth_poserus posted Wed, 08 November 2006 at 2:51 AM

Quote - We understand that $24.95 to change your username at Renderosity may seem like a lot. However, there were several factors taken into account before setting this as a service and determining what it would cost.

The first consideration was the fact that we have almost half a million users on our site and it is a manual process to change user names. Because the process is not automated, there is administrative time that will be involved in processing each request.

The price was set to cover our costs and serve as a mild deterrent so that people will not abuse the service. Yes, people can create a new account for nothing. However, the new account will not have any of their gallery images, Free Stuff, Tutorials, blogs, SiteMails, LinkShare, purchase history, etc. This service will carry that valuable data with it. 

Because we are a community built on relationships that are connected with a username, we do think it is important that members take care when choosing a name or changing their names.

Because we are a community built on relationships that are connected with a username, we do think it is important that members take care when choosing a name or changing their names.

Wait a minute, I asked and asked again to change my user nic, and was told repeatedly that it couldn't be done. That I'd still lose my gallery if I changed my user nic. Now you tell me that it was infact possible too change my username, but that If I want too I have too pay 25.00 bucks to do so?

Get real.

Another peed off customer.

"I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge." Albert Einstein

Free the freebies!