Forum: Community Center

Subject: Username Change Feature???

Chippsyann opened this issue on Nov 06, 2006 · 243 posts

Bea posted Sat, 11 November 2006 at 6:58 PM

Quote - > Quote -  

**I work in customer services, I deal with angry customers sometimes every day but it’s not ME the customers are angry at, it’s the company. Similarly, it’s not the admins or the moderators who are under fire here, again it’s the company.

You know, this has been grating at me for 2 days.
Folks here aren't mad at Admin, Mods, or Coords.  Folks are mad at the company.
Just who the hell do you think the "company" is?  Some evil overlords in the dungeons of Nashville, with 3-piece Armani suits, budding horns, and reddish/burnt skin with yellow eyes, plotting each and every move to maximize community pisstitude?
You want to know who the "Company" is?
This is the Company.  That's right.  The very people who are lambasted on an almost daily basis because everyone on Earth is too used to Burger King's "Have It Your Way" mentality. 
Yes, as a company, things are done that individuals might not agree on.  That happens with every company.  And, yes, there are those of us behind the scenes who do raise our voices when things are brought out that we don't agree with.
I currently forgot where I started with my point, as I'm currently being heavily medicated for abdominal pain, and the medicine makes my head foggy.
But, don't, for one second, think that by distancing yourself by saying "I'm not mad at you, I'm mad at the company" isn't insulting.  We ARE the company.

MS

I can understand how you feel. but no you are not the company. You are the face of the company that we all see and like. But I don't believe that you are the policy makers or the owners or (correct me if I am wrong) the shareholders.  Those people are the Company they make the rules and set the policies to gain profits and income and then pass those down to other people to carry them out.  And as with any business it is the people carrying out the policy who have to put up with all the flack :(