Forum: Community Center

Subject: Username Change Feature???

Chippsyann opened this issue on Nov 06, 2006 · 243 posts

Hawkfyr posted Sun, 12 November 2006 at 1:44 PM

First of all **anathandra,** Where do you get off "TELLING" people "Don't Go There"?

Does "You People" hold some sort of sore spot with you?

Perhaps you would have preferred killa9127 said:     [hawkfyr just threw the logic at "You Bitchers" or "You Whiners".]

I, for one, have no problem being a "People"

A lack of understanding about anything posted by the person he quoted (who is sitting next to me and is not me, for anyone who might have weird ideas--I understand there were some weird ideas after the other night) and a total misunderstanding of what the person he quoted was referring too

A lack of understanding?

On who's part? 

There was a statement made in the previous pages that the freebies were being offered by Renderosity. That is what he objected to. Most appear to just be links to the files on the posters' own websites, with Renderosity hosting just an image. Even the bandwidth used to distribute them is being provided by the generous users who choose to offer them. What Renderosity does to support those freebies is almost negligible by comparison, yet they claimed credit for them in this very thread. Does that seem right to you?

What does Renderosity "Do"?...you mean other than providing a platform for the artist to gain exposure to his/her freebie?

Negligible compared to what?I still see no statement made by staff taking credit for other peoples free stuff.

I asked in my first post to be shown where Renderosity claimed credit, yet it's been mentioned by both of you,and neither can seem to show me.

changing the font colors and adding the bold in there was bad netiquette. Actually, unless you're screaming, using them in your own posts like I see him doing is bad netiquette. Makes it hard to read for one. I tend to get an instant headache. Like, say, now.

Uhh..I've been around long enough to know about what is and isn't considered bad netiquette. I've also been around here long enough to know that in a fast moving thread,it's helps to "Separate" quoted comments, from my own. (And I don't mean those italicized quotes that blend into the overall post, and also, doesn't say what member was quoted)

Font colors illustrated "specifically" what part of the quote that is particular to the question or comment that follows.

For example..**Bold text, reflects what "Another" person posted.(**So folks don't have to keep scrolling back to the original) 

The colored font points out a particularly stupid comment, or draws attention to that which is being addressed.

And just to educate you on netiquette, "ALL CAPS" is screaming,...not bold text.

For one thing, he proved no point whatsoever

I'm not surprised  to read this, some folks wouldn't get the point if it was jabbed into thier jugular vein.

But just for you, I'll try

srnichols said: "WE are doing work for THEM and the vendors. Maybe the staff members at Renderosity need to be reminded of that."

It comes down to this: The membership here are not the only ones "Doing the work". My Post tried to "illustrate (Not ""Prove a Point,as you seem to think was my intent) that, The Staff, does a tremendous amount of work to provide this FREE resource, and "Maybe the members need to be reminded of that"

"Other places make name changes free because all you really should have to do is make one field change in a database. In other places, that user name field is editable by the users after signup. Just like addresses and email addresses are and other information that is subject to change. It's a simple bit of code to put that field in the profile settings. The size of the user base is irrelevant. All it comes down to is the way the database is structured. If it is not structured in a way that will allow this...if it is not normalized and cleanly coded, I mean...then it is a bad database and in need of serious overhaul"

So...are you saying you know exactly how Bondware is set up? Are we again blessed to have among us one who knows all about a proprietary software that exists nowhere else but here?

Bad Database

Being insulted and misrepresented.

Renderosity taking credit for everyone's stuff.

Tell me..what keeps you two here?

“The fact that no one understands you…Doesn’t make you an artist.”