Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: so thats that for Poser 4/Poser Artist

Khai opened this issue on Nov 20, 2006 · 66 posts

Tirjasdyn posted Wed, 22 November 2006 at 9:57 AM

Quote - Neither do I -- until I attempt a render with more than 3 mil figures with hair, clothes, and background props.  Exceed that, and firefly gets iffy.  It might work, and it might not.  Even when applying the various "tricks" like adjusting bucket sizes, etc..  This is with 2G of RAM.

I know that some others claim to have no problems rendering 9+ Mil figures in a scene -- but such results with P6 have been well outside of my experience.  Perhaps they aren't using features like raytracing.....that might force a render -- if they render with no extras.  But doing so sort of defeats the purpose of firefly.

Vue, anyone?

I still have an image I did in p5 when people said you couldn't do more than one figure in a scene without it crashing.  This was before sr1 with mike & vic 2.  The figure list was extremely long..plus I used the hair room, raytracing, materials etc.

I've found that you need two things:  patience and a lot of tweaking in the render settings.  I'm working on a new image that is completely lit by Antons Magic in p6.   It needs  alot of the fancys to get the reflectios in the eyes etc.  I just up the buket size...takes 12 hours...but it renders at 20000 x 20000.  It only has jesse, freak and various waves of antons magic though.

I hope the reason 7 is a resume render feature simlar to Vue's.  That thing works amazingly well. 

Tirjasdyn
http://michellejnorton.com