Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: so thats that for Poser 4/Poser Artist

Khai opened this issue on Nov 20, 2006 · 66 posts

Tirjasdyn posted Wed, 22 November 2006 at 10:45 AM

stahlratte & vilian...no one is going to stop you from using p4 or the p4 renderer. 

However your arguement that firefly and the material room is not as good and/or only good for realistic renders is convoluted and false.  I'm not trying to flame but your both a little caught up in not knowing what you're talking about.  Stahlratte, you're arguements very assuming.

p4 is fine if all you want is painted textures and basic poser lights.  It can have very realistic or even artistic results.  I used p4 for years and loved it.

Then I got p5. 

Being a now former brycer, I pined for the material depth that bryce had in p4.  With p5 I finally had it.  With p6, I got even more.  With the material room, I can light the room anyway I choose, I can make things glow, I can make things look fuzzy and give skin a painited look.  I can make mike any color of the rainbow still using the same texture map that he came with.  With ao the glowing nostrals are gone.  I make things look cartoonly or wooden or velvety.  No postwork involved. I can add hair effects that can double as grass or other strange pheonme...but it takes knowledge of the material room to make them look as toony or as realistic as I need.

This isn't a realism debate.  Without p4 it means content creators can move forward.  I'm sorry that you don't care or want that.  I'm sure people will still make p4 compatable stuff.  It depends on their precentage of sales.  If you don't buy p4 content, then it will go away.  Without ef support of p4 content creators are going to have less of a guarantee on their product. 

You don't want to take the time to learn it.  Fine.  But saying it's broken because you refuse to learn to use it is unaccaptable.

Tirjasdyn
http://michellejnorton.com