Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: so thats that for Poser 4/Poser Artist

Khai opened this issue on Nov 20, 2006 · 66 posts

stahlratte posted Wed, 22 November 2006 at 11:26 AM

First, I really don´t care what anybody finds "acceptable" or not.

I already said that to me simply the results Firefly delivers are not worth the ludicrous render times, and that includes using AO and/or any skin shaders.

I also simply deny a small minority to dictate their values to the majority.

Poser did not become what it is today because it was "advanced" or cutting edge,  but because it brought a very, very  simple and fun version of CGI to the masses.

And if it changes this direction, if it wants to become something it isn´t just because some people all of the sudden got starry eyed and started to dream big important professional dreams, then , yes then Joe and Jane Average might decide that all the fun has been sucked out by the "professionals" and just pack their things and "move on".

Not to Poser 7 or 8 or 9, but to another programm that takes their REAL  needs seriously, and doesn´t twist their arms  just to make a nice picture.

And all the vendors that now can´t be bothered spending time to create a rsr, will then have a LOT of time, because there won´t be many people left to buy their wares.

If you all are so bent on "moving on", why don´t you do yourself a favour and move on to a real professional programm ?

Then you can all show off your L33t  P0z35 2k!llZ to likeminded people and don´t have to be bothered anymore by all the lowbrow riffraff that populates the poserdom and "holds you back"

Stahlratte

If they think you're crude, go technical; if they think you're technical, go crude.