Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: so thats that for Poser 4/Poser Artist

Khai opened this issue on Nov 20, 2006 ยท 66 posts

modus0 posted Wed, 22 November 2006 at 11:37 AM

I'm not one for 'hyper-realistic" images, and yet I almost always use firefly when rendering (the only exception is for those few items with textures that seem optimized for the P4 renderer) without either taking hours to render (unless I use AO, but I expect that to be slow) or having massive numbers of problems.

And I've got several images, both here in my gallery, and on my computer, that I couldn't have done in P4 or ProPack, because they lack the feature (P6's Gather node is very nice), or the renderer lacked the functionality to do the image in a way that I wanted it to come out.

And for those unwilling or unable to get a better computer to run P5, P6, or P7, you're going to find yourselves slowly becoming more abandoned by all the other computer programs out there, as they move to take advantage of the newest technologies.

So eventually, in order to use anything without some compatibility problems people will have to update their computers. It's just a fact of things, I wouldn't expect to find many new programs that can run on Windows 98 anymore, nor would I expect software developers to even bother making programs that can run on 98.

If your computer can only run P4, and you can't upgrade, well, it's a bit of a bummer, but don't expect anyone else to give a damn, especially those who have moved on to P5 or P6. And as for not buying from people who don't support P4/PP, that's probably a good thing for you P4 hold-outs, because you'll be unable to properly use some of the features in products made for P5 and up, so it really would be a waste of money for you. But don't expect the merchant to spend time making sure they're product works in P4 if less than 50% of their customers still need that compatibility, it's a waste of their time to do so.

If you're joking that's just cruel, but if you're being sarcastic, that's even worse.