Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Laura, Wardrobe Wizard & Breasts

dstephany opened this issue on Nov 22, 2006 · 19 posts

pjz99 posted Wed, 22 November 2006 at 9:17 PM

I don't think there's a lot to be done in Poser itself except to adjust X/Y/Z scaling.  The problem you have is that the geometry of the bikini top is simply not cut for the girl wearing it.  I suppose you could do it with magnets, but like you I don't "get them" so I wouldn't really suggest that either.  If you had 3dsMax 9 (which I do not) it would be trivial to fix the fit of that item and make a new .OBJ of it:
http://download.autodesk.com/global/3dsmax/featureVideos/max9_cloth_large.wmv

Not trying to sell you 3dsMax, the thing is 2500 bucks, but I have a similar problem and that's really a mouth-watering solution.  Alternatives would be manipulating the geometry of the OBJ in a modeling application e.g. Shade or Blender, but be warned that as you change the shape of the clothing model, you can cause yourself a lot of trouble, because you can't remove any polys or vertices, and also your textures may not look right after you change the shape of the model.

^^ well, a small qualifier - you can certainly remove polys if you aren't using textures at all, like if you're applying a shader to get a cloth-like effect.

My Freebies