Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: ...Are Poser Figure Artist using Deceptive or Mis-leading Advertising?

Veritas777 opened this issue on Nov 17, 2006 ยท 92 posts

Ironbear posted Wed, 22 November 2006 at 11:14 PM

Quote - We did not explain in the video that there was post-processing with some of the art or provided credit of the participating artists (although, as someone pointed out earlier in this thread, we did have signed releases from all the artwork). This was an (unintended) mistake.

Hrrm... > Quote - "I signed a form which allowed them to use my work, however, I am none too thrilled about having done this noiw, especially considering my work is being used without attribution.

Note that I never was remunerated in any way for allowing them to use my artwork (unnatributed, too!). I never even got a copy of the software." - Elusion

So, Laslo Vespremi, Director of Strategic Marketing, was the unrenumeration, lack of attribution, and lack of crediting and compensation to the artist who's work you lisenced "unintended" also? There's nothing "unintended" in anything that goes into an ad design or marketing campaign. They're planned down to the tiniest detail to elicit and invoke a response and reaction from the viewer. Pull the other one. It's got bells on. I had hoped that e-F marked a change in the ownership of poser. Looks increasingly like I was wrong in giving the benefit of the doubt: only difference going from CuriousLabs to e-Frontiers was a change in names and companies, not in practices.

"I am a good person now and it feels... well, pretty much the same as I felt before (except that the headaches have gone away now that I'm not wearing control top pantyhose on my head anymore)"