Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: ...Are Poser Figure Artist using Deceptive or Mis-leading Advertising?

Veritas777 opened this issue on Nov 17, 2006 · 92 posts

Bea posted Wed, 22 November 2006 at 11:20 PM

Quote - > Quote - Priciples are never 'tiny' in my books though you might condsider the issue itself  to  be.

:rolleyes:

It is.

Quote - And even then, someone else who bought the software under a false impression might beg to differ with your opinion.

I wouldn't purchase a new stove with the expectation that I'd instantly start cooking just like Emeril, either.  But I wouldn't be surprised to see one of Emeril's dishes used in an advertisement for the stove model.

No more am I surprised to see ef putting their "best foot forward" in their advertising, either.

Anyone who purchased a 3D software package with the expectation of instantly turning out images like a pro with years of experience under their belts needs to make a serious re-evaluation of their expectations.......no more than they could start cooking like Emeril because they bought Emeril's stove.

True, but you would expect to be able to do the same functions on that stove that Emeril did to produce his dish and not need anything else - unless it told you so. And actually if you carefully followed the recipe you might well expect to get quite close.
Nobody expects to be able to produce artwork as good as that shown at first - but they would expect to be able to  at some time in the future using the software they bought. That image was not produced with that software and was postworked. That surely makes it false advertising and as such I would have thought it was not acceptable.