Forum: Bryce

Subject: OK, one goes to Daz and buys a scene setup

chohole opened this issue on Nov 22, 2006 · 19 posts

rickymaveety posted Wed, 22 November 2006 at 11:40 PM

The bottom line is whether or not you create something original from whatever you started with.  Even if it means that you simply discovered something new by moving the camera 6 millimeters to the left.  If doing that results in something new ... then it's all yours.

A bunch of photographers might take close to the same photo of the same place, but if the angle is just right and the exposure is just right ... it's Ansel Adams and Half Dome.  It's not the subject, it's what the artist does with the subject.

And, as noted above, most of us are the types that mostly want to dissect and change the thing that we buy.  I could care less about the pirate outfit .... I want to find a way to fit it onto a mouse.  All the things we purchase are tools and materials.  Nothing more, nothing less.  If a person takes those materials and creates something new with them ... that's art.  Even if it's just that one change in camera angle that no one else discovered ... it's still your unique vision.

So, great, you bought a whole scene.  Maybe modelling isn't your thing.  It's certainly not mine, yet.  That doesn't mean that you can't take someone else's models and do something really unique with them.  As long as it is your unique end product, that's all that's important.

I would wager you that, given the same Bryce scene, every one of us would come up with a unique interpretation of that scene.  Again ... it's not the models, it's the artist's vision.

OK .... I'm hammered.  I had waaaaaay too much to drink tonight.  Dinner with friends.  Lots of fun.  Bone tired.  Going to bed.  Nite.

Could be worse, could be raining.