Forum: Community Center

Subject: Why couldn't I have my first name choice?

KindredSpirit opened this issue on Nov 27, 2006 · 10 posts

KindredSpirit posted Tue, 28 November 2006 at 4:51 AM

I agree with you both and you are right. All I was aying that maybe it should be policy that after say 18 months of inactivity three reminders, over three months should be sent  and then if no reply then the account closed. As more and more people use the internet, then  there is less space and it seems daft to have orphaned acounts just hanging about taking up space. 

A number of sites I am a member on (who also have stores) require a minimum of time/log ins and you are sent reminders.

Years ago, I would have agreed with you on the point of a computer failing and not being able to get back on but most people have some sort of access to the net either through library, cafe or friends/relatives these days.

If the person themselves have died, I doubt very much they will be needing to access their products and products have been bequeathed products to someone, then they should have their own account.

If at the end of the day, years down the line, they decided to revisit their account, then I am sure Renderosity would allow them to open another account but with a different name. If they haven't bought anything then there is no problem and galleries have been deleted for other reasons in the past.