Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Reason # 7 revealed

Darboshanski opened this issue on Nov 27, 2006 · 105 posts

Gareee posted Tue, 28 November 2006 at 4:27 PM

There are so many new features to work out, that no one tester can test everything. that's why they employ a team of testers.

For instance, supose no one used the rigging features, because they were playing round with the new content collections, and something broke in rigging?

I've had poser for years, and never used some of the features it has.. and I can't imagine anyone (except mybe Dr. Geep) saying they literally have used every feature in poser.

Same with Lightwave, and Hexagon 2.. I was a beta tester on both applications.. some people excell at layout in lightwave, some in modeler, and some beat the hell out of the new node material setup.  I know I had at least 30 support reports in the P7 teseing, and I'm pretty sure every single one was addressed.

Now multiply that by 50 testers, all with different computers, and different hardware configurations, testing all sorts of differnt content looking for bugs. it's pretty staggering.

And when you do get a bug and they are working on it, you might get 15 replies in one day asking you to try this, that or the other thing to work it out.  Not a lot of time to play with all the new toys when you are actually a "working tester". (I've seen some people join beta tests just to get the "new toy" first, but that wasn; my goal.. my goal was to make sure if I foudn issues, that EF knew about it, and could address them for release.

And I found and they squashed my share of the critters.. LOL!

Way too many people take way too many things way too seriously.