Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Let's hope reason #8 is implied...

JQP opened this issue on Nov 29, 2006 · 54 posts

AntoniaTiger posted Sat, 02 December 2006 at 3:56 AM

Quote - Actually, the Poser interface is a lot more customizable than you think.  In the thread where people were guessing at what reason 7 would be, this topic came up.

I'm at work, so I can't look at it right now, but you can change your disply colours and all the icons exsist as (pngs, jpgs, bmps, I can't remember), but the point is if you don't like the icons, you could even take them into an image editting sofware and change them and then either place them in the same place witht he same name (backing up the old ones, just incase) or you could go into the xml file (again, not infront of my computer and can't remember which file off the top) and change where it is pointing to for the icons.

Having to hand-edit XML files to adjust the UI sucks. I can set up Windows to give me consistent choices of colours and font sizes, chosen to suit my tired old eyes. Poser ignores these choices. While I would be concerned at changes to the symbols I have become used to, and some of the tools have to be outside the standard, office-oriented, paradigm of the Windows UI, Poser doesn't have the adjustments that were available in text-mode MS-DOS programs written to run on an IBM XT. This is the 21st Century, when everything changes. And you've got to be ready for it.