Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Need *real* constructive criticism of my gallery!

kierab opened this issue on Nov 30, 2006 ยท 41 posts

kierab posted Sat, 02 December 2006 at 5:13 PM

Connie, I haven't used any of the higher order modeling apps, just Bryce 3 (just upgraded to the latest one but haven't used it yet), so I don't know what it's "supposed" to be like. However, I really hate the lighting system in Poser. It drives me bonkers that I cannot have a single control where I can say "turn up all lights" or turn them down or something like that. If I have to click into each one I inevitably move it enough to cause a problem and if I accidently skip the lack of multiple undos means I am screwed. Some of that will be fixed just by having multiple undos. But I am going to be sadly disappointed if they haven't improved the interface. I have come across some python scripts that can do the all lights up or down but I haven't had a chance to do anything with them. That's my other peeve, the limited number of python buttons makes it really difficult to have all of these sorts of utilities at your fingertips without tons of tweaking and writing some XML, etc. I think I am going to have consider a beefier 3d application but I don't want to try to go there until I have upgraded to a newer more powerful computer. So, I will just chug along as I am for now and learn all I can. Thanks for all the feedback. I am going to be posting today's image in about an hour (it's rendering oh so slowly right now!) - It's called "The Decorator" and I really got creative with the lights, I am happy with how it's turning out. Take a look later and tell me what you think, ok? :-) Kiera