Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Larger than life ?

stahlratte opened this issue on Dec 02, 2006 · 130 posts

bopperthijs posted Sat, 02 December 2006 at 6:28 PM

I'm sorry, I've made some mistake in the last render, so I attach a new picture with also a feet scale for imperial people among us. What do you notice? Victoria (3.0 sae) is much too big, but Jessi isn't small either, I've too admit she is more in limits than VIcki, but her body-proportions are much more similar to someone of a smaller size. I think that mr. Hoadley has a point when he says that posette or judy are more realistic than V3 or even like Jessi. What Vicky lacks is exaggerated at Jessi: the female proportion. Jessi looks like a comicbook Superhero, I 'm sure  that you can find a women with same proportions as Vicky, but sexy isn't the word that comes to my mind. Lucky enough, Daz comes with a huge set of morphs to make her look more feminime. I suspect that they make her look that way, so you had to buy the extra body and face morphs. When you're making clothes for Vicky, you won't notice the big size of vicky: You use her body object as a reference and make her clothes fit her body. As a furniture or prop-modeller it is something different: To make a realistic object, you have to know exactly which scale Poser use, so you can make your object not too big or too small. If some company just fools around with it, I don't have much appreciation for that.

-How can you improve things when you don't make mistakes?