Forum: Community Center

Subject: Rules unclear and unfair

Primal opened this issue on Oct 23, 2006 · 732 posts

JenX posted Sun, 03 December 2006 at 6:37 AM

Quote - Further to the point brought up about member's records, and i know this is going slightly OT but i don't want to start a whole new thread on the subject if it can be answered quickly here so please forgive me.

Quote from StaceyG; 

*"If you keep the communications between you and staff for image removal, forum post deletions, comments deleted, etc then that is essentially your member record. We just have to document it so that everyone on the team would be aware of past issues."

*It's that word 'essentially' that raises the question about there being more on the record besides communications between membership and staff. For example, would a member's record include comments by the staff ABOUT the member?

Basically, if you've broken a rule, you'd have received a communication about it from a staff member.  That would be on your member record, as well.  So, if you haven't broken a rule and been told that you've broken a rule, your member record is clean. 
However, there are instances when we place a note on a member record.  Like, if someone writes in to us, letting us know that there are 3 or more accounts in their household, we'll note that on the account to let other staff know that they aren't clone acccounts (to the best of our knowledge.) 
But, no, we don't put stuff like "StaceyG is a real jerk!" or "JenX really pisses me off!!@!" 

Again with the MarketPlace stuff.....site staff does not monitor the MarketPlace at all.  They have their own staff.  The only time I go through the MarketPlace is when I'm gonna buy something.  So, we can't do anything about a potential violation in the MarketPlace, especially if you refuse to tell us what it is.  "Fingerpointing" is telling us that there's something happening, and not telling us who/what/when/where/why, but that it's unfair because of it.  Not pointing out an obvious violation.  Use common sense.  "Fingerpointing" is, in essence, "Well, Johnny does it, so that means I can, too!"...without giving an example of Johnny "doing it". 

Sitemail | Freestuff | Craftythings | Youtube|

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it into a fruit salad.