Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poor Poser? Urgh. Time for some tough love, kids.

Penguinisto opened this issue on Dec 04, 2006 · 175 posts

stahlratte posted Mon, 04 December 2006 at 3:26 PM

Carodan,

your right, and I completely agree with you.

While I guess I fit into that "Poser Power User" scheme that Pengo describes, I still think that using Poser just for fun is a valid reason.

I think the REAL reason why most "professionals" hate Poser is....

....they really hate having the same hobby as their mom.

;-)

I mean, if you were a l33t m4x u$3r, would you want to discuss Vicky´s shoulder problems with your mom ?
Or help her with the Poser lights ?

All of the sudden the cool job at Pixxar you´re dreaming of doesn´t seem to be quite as cool, does it ?

First you pay dearly for a membership to that exclusive CGI-Artist club, (Or at least show your h4ck3r skills by installing that warezd copy of Max), only to find that all the riffraff has sneaked in through the kitchen door ?

And instead of working hard and improving their SKILLZ, those pesky Poser users  just party all day long and have a generally good time ?

OF COURSE THEY ARE PSSD ! LOLZ !

So what ?

Sticks and stones I say...

I enjoy my poser and my mostly lowbrow "art", and don´t mind all the black velvet elvis...errr, Poser art pictures in the galleries.
If people have fun doing them, let them I say.
If people can´t be bothered to actually POSE a character, I think it´s sad, but it´s not my money they spend for pose sets.

But I also know that most people at CG-Talk DO have excellent skills and I wouldn´t dare posting anything I´ve made unless I´m sure it´d be up to the expected standard.

Stahlratte