Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poor Poser? Urgh. Time for some tough love, kids.

Penguinisto opened this issue on Dec 04, 2006 · 175 posts

Vestmann posted Mon, 04 December 2006 at 3:40 PM

Well I simply have to disogree with just about everything MR. Penguinisto said.  Why?  Here´s my reasoning:

First off, art shouldn´t be measured in time and effort.  I know that CG artists take a LOT of time perfecting their images and sometime the results are amazing.  But unless you have some experience in CG art, they can seem extremely dull.  

If you browse the Maya or Max galleries most of the images are WIP´s or single objects.  I´d rather see another image of Vicky in a temple then another image of a wineglass on a wooden table, no matter how long it took to model it!

As for the helpful tips that Penguinisto** **suggested, I really find it annoying when people include words like "Never do that..." when talking about art.  Although it can be good to restrict yourself to progress or try something new, you shouldn't have it as a rule not to do or use something.
If you want to impress someone (and I´m not talking ONLY about the almighty CG artists), take time and pride in what you do.  

You see, alot of us aren´t doing images to show off to other artists.  We´re doing it for our own amusement.  I don´t care if anyone can do what I do better in a more advanced application.  It doesn´t make him better then me or a better artist.

I´m gonna stop ranting about this now as my brain´s starting to hurt.

Cheers, Vestmann

Vestmann's Gallery