Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poor Poser? Urgh. Time for some tough love, kids.

Penguinisto opened this issue on Dec 04, 2006 · 175 posts

bopperthijs posted Mon, 04 December 2006 at 4:57 PM

Years ago I worked for some time in a photostudio where they made illustrations for dutch interiormagazines. As I remembered, the way they they set up the scene, reminded me a lot like I set up Poser-scenes today. They strolled around the country to pic up all kinds of furniture, seats, tables, lamps, fabrics you name it, and they built a decor with a lot of tricks to make it look like a real diningroom, kitchen, bathroom whatever. They put up lights and spots of different color and shapes. Set camera positions, lenses and filters. And sometimes they used a model, discussed with him or her what kind of clothes to wear, where how to sit or stand. I've seen the results and if you didn't knew it you couldn't see that is was a studio picture. And I think the same analogy goes for movie or television makers and even sometimes glamour-photography (not everything) As you see the similarity with poser is obvious.

This similarity was one the reasons why I once compaired in an other thread Poser with photography, I think that to be more specific: I had to say: Studiophotography. If you take photography in common, is much more extended: fashionphotography, pressphotography, documentaries and so on and  that, my dear friends, you cannot compare with poser.

But it's same as with poser, everyone can use a camera but it takes years to get a silver one.

-How can you improve things when you don't make mistakes?