Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poor Poser? Urgh. Time for some tough love, kids.

Penguinisto opened this issue on Dec 04, 2006 · 175 posts

billy423uk posted Mon, 04 December 2006 at 8:21 PM

i think the rant in the original post covers about any kind of artisic media you could think of.  learn and evolve. for the most i don't look on it as a critique of poser or art but of the human condition of stasis. i think all of us are guilty of it at times. the belief we can't improve or that we're already that good we have no need to. the fear perhaps that we can't improve.  i know this. if we wish to do anything to the best of our ability we need to learn and evolve. we need to get beyond our stasis where we're happy with what we're doing. most of the best poser work comes from those who bothered to learn what the app can do, those who learned through tuts or mishap to stretch it using only what it has to offer. sadly i'm not one of those people. i'd sooner make something ugly of my own. i'm not good enough with poser to create anything worthwhile in it. i could never do what pap blue does or what many other poser users do. 

a long while ago i used to do poetry. most of the people that did had the same mind set that what ever was churned out was art or poetry. i'd say most of them wouldn't know what poetry was if it slapped them in the face like a wet fish. the same in mind applies to many poser users. it's all well and good that they enjoy what they do. enjoying is the major reason why we do things. but to then state .."i'm an artist" is balderdash. i wrote peotry but i was never a poet. i drive my car fast but i'm not a racing driver. i cook food but i'm no chef. use poser to find or get enjoyment. but to enhance that enjoyment learn how to do it better, to use it the best you can.  the better your knowledge the more you'll enjoy using it. why do we take umbridge at one persons opinion. i thought it had many valid points. if anything i'd personally use a post like  that to inspire me to create better renders. forget about the i am an artist stuff and delve into the program as deep as you can.  when i look at some of the work done in poser i'm astounded at the quality. some exellent, some mediocre and and quiet a lot average. mine would come in the latter catogory.  jmo

billy