Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poor Poser? Urgh. Time for some tough love, kids.

Penguinisto opened this issue on Dec 04, 2006 · 175 posts

infinity10 posted Mon, 04 December 2006 at 8:40 PM

Just a few quick thoughts from little me:

Bah !  I'm very happy with tinkering about inside Poser and DAZ Studio, and Hexagon and Shade and Bryce...  I don't care squat....

"they invested their own imaginations and creativity into their results."
quoting original message which started this thread

Agrrreeee !!

I am very grateful that there are freebie-makiers and merchants who took the pain and sweat out  of re-inventing the wheel for me, for some things I want to include in my 3D scenes.  Sure, I'd like to "pwn" these items a bit (to use a kiddie-tech term) and give them a little artistic flavour of my own - so that the effect isn't too "canned", but instead sits nicely with what I want in my scene.

( As for dealing with emotionally-hypersensitive artists from non-Poser or non-3DCG media, call me a conflict-avoider, but I don't like wasting my time and energy on some long-drawn-out nasty slanging match with those types.  Having said that, I am supportive of those who are very tuned-in to their art in non-3D media.  It's just that I don't see any point in entering a fray of that nature.  My real-life friends are into real-life Chinese brush painting, watercolours, acrylics, photography, etc.)

Eternal Hobbyist